St. Anne Line Catholic Infant School was founded by the Catholic Church to provide education for children of Catholic families. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its trust deed and instrument of government, and seeks at all times to be witness to Jesus Christ.
Applications will be processed in accordance with the Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme administered by Essex LEA. Whenever there are more applications than places available, priority will always be given to Catholic applicants in accordance with the oversubscription criteria in the order listed below.
The governors will assume that, by applying to St. Anne Line Catholic Infant School, applicants are indicating their positive support for the aims and ethos of the school. Practising Catholics are requested to ask their priest for a completed “Certificate of Catholic Practice”. The governing body has sole responsibility for admissions to this school and intends to admit up to 60 Reception class pupils in the year which begins in September 2024.
St. Anne Line Catholic Infant School provides for the full-time admission of all children offered a place in the Reception year from the September following their fourth birthday. Parents can request that the date their child is admitted to the school is deferred until later in the school year or until the child reaches compulsory school age in the school year. Where entry is deferred, the school will hold the place for that child and not offer it to another child. The parent would not however be able to defer entry beyond the beginning of the term after the child’s fifth birthday, nor beyond the academic year for which the original application was accepted.
Parents can also request that their child attends part-time until the child reaches compulsory school age. For parents opting to take up a part-time place this would be mornings only. Where parents choose to defer entry, the school may reasonably expect that the child would start at the beginning of a new school term/half term.
Criteria for admission to St. Anne Line Catholic Infant School:
1. Looked after children from Catholic families.
2. Baptised Catholic children of a practising Catholic family living within the Catholic Parish of Our Lady and All Saints, for whom this is the nearest Catholic school.
3. Baptised Catholic children of a practising Catholic family resident within the parish of Our Lady and All Saints.
4. Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of Our Lady and All Saints.
5. Siblings of children already on roll in the Infant School, on the day of entry, who do not qualify under any other previous criteria.
6. Other Catholic children and Catechumens R:\Intake\Admissions Policy 22-23.doc - 2 -
7. Members of an Eastern Christian Church.
8. All other Looked after children
9. Siblings of children already on roll in the Junior School on the day of entry, who previously attended St. Anne Line Catholic Infant School, and who do not qualify under any other previous criteria.
10. Christians of other denominations whose parents are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the school and whose application is supported by a minister of religion.
11. Children of other faiths whose parents are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the school and whose application is supported by a religious leader.
12. Other children whose parents are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the school. The Governing Body will give the highest priority to an application within a category where evidence is provided at the time of application, of an exceptional social, medical, pastoral or other need of the child which can be most appropriately met at this school. Those children who have a sibling already in the school will take precedence in the category in which they fall.
More information can be found in our Admissions Policy below. Printed copies of the policies can be requested from the school office free of charge.
Contact our school Admissions Officer
If you need help with admissions to our school, please complete this form and Mrs Staines (Admissions Officer) will get back to you as soon as possible. Please ensure you give as much detail as possible in your message in order for us to help you as much as we can. Thank you